In the Power BI mobile app, Annotations are what let you write hand written notes on a Power BI graph, and share with others. Why would you want to do that?
- To ask a question about a certain territory or product.
- To give kudos to someone within your team.
- To come up with a plan of action based on certain trends you are noticing via a Power BI report/ graph.
- To let others know that their attention is needed.
- Sometimes, you just want to ask someone a simple question, and waiting for a weekly meeting to happen so you could ask that question may not be a viable option.
Annotating is simple. All you do is click the “Pencil” icon on the top right, and start writing.
This short video below shows how quick and easy it is to not only write note, but also share annotations with others.
This is especially helpful if you are using the free version of Power BI because just recently Microsoft made sharing available only to Pro users.
Note: The sharing via Annotations uses the mobile OS’s native sharing mechanism. Essentially, it is taking a screenshot and letting you share it via email, text messaging, and other apps.